The Inspiration Behind The Shyann Kindness Project
OUR DONORS HAVE THE RIGHT TO:
On January 4, 2005, Sandy and Glenn Rosati lost their most precious gift from God, their beautiful daughter Shyann. Shyann touched many hearts in her short life. At Shyann's Celebration of Life Service, cards were handed out with Shyann's picture, asking that a random act of kindness be performed in her honor, with the recipient being given the card and asked to pass on a kindness and the card. Since Shyann's death, many people have been inspired to perform acts of kindness in her memory.
In December 2005, a friend of the Rosati family performed an act of kindness in Shyann's honor by wrapping up packages of coloring books, crayons, stickers and books, each with a kindness card attached to it. She brought them to the children's emergency room at a local hospital, where they were distributed to the children who came in on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Shyann's parents, Sandy and Glenn Rosati, founded The Shyann Kindness Project in April 2006 to carry on this wonderful way of spreading kindness.
The mission of The Shyann Kindness Project is to serve and put smiles on the faces of underprivileged, at-risk, and medically fragile children by providing fun and needed gifts while promoting and teaching kindness and acceptance of all people.
The Shyann Kindness Project is a 100% volunteer 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that has served more than 25,000 underpriviledged and/or medically fragile children since April 2006.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR & CO-FOUNDER
PRINCIPLES, ACTIONS & BELIEFS
1. We do not sell supporter information collected such as names and addresses.
2. We limit access of information to those who need to know such information in order to fulfill our mission.
3. Our volunteers sign confidentiality statements protecting the privacy and security of personal & organizational information.
4. We will use our best efforts to comply with the wishes of any supporter who does not want their name used in any
promotional material, wishes their name removed from solicitation lists, or wishes to have their gifts or services be
1. Be informed of TSKP's mission, the way TSKP intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations
effectively for their intended purposes.
2. Be informed of the identity of those serving on TSKP's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent
judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
3. Have access to TSKP's most recent financial statements.
4. Be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
5. Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition or to remain anonymous if desired.
6. Be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by
7. Expect that all relationships with individuals representing TSKP to the donor will be professional in nature.
8. Have the opportunity for their names to be deleted or corrected from mailing lists by contacting TSKP by phone or email as
listed on this website.
9. Feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.